Sunday, September 12, 2010

prezi

I started looking into Prezi the other day... and I'm hooked!

Some of these presentations are so well crafted that I just want to keep clicking "continue" so that I can see what the creator will think of next.

Prezi is a 3D version of powerpoint, with twists and turns and zoom ins and zoom outs for each "slide"...but get this, all on one page!

Pros of Prezi:

-very interesting
-few limitations
-accessible to everyone, any time (as opposed to a powerpoint which needs to be downloaded)
-good means of presentation

Cons:

-distracting
-"sea sickness" (twists and turns, zoom ins and zoom outs)


I think that in the classroom, prezi could be used very effectively as a study tool. Games and projects could very easily be created to help a student review for a test. However, I would not choose to use this as a presentation for a classroom. I think the students would be more focused on the technology than the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment